Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer!

Another well known and very local place I went to eat breakfast was at Rammer Jammer. This place is Alabama full out. They have the Alabama “A” painted on the ground right before you walk in the door and the whole place is red and white. So many people go there to eat. You don’t have your own waiter or waitress but food is brought to you. You walk into the place and go to the counter to order. Youre given a number then you go and sit and wait for your number to be called and the person with your food finds you and there you go. Their food is really good too. My favorite was the hash browns… I guess I just like hash browns everywhere! But they also have more variety than Waysider. Its also bigger and more convenient than Waysider, although I don’t totally mind the trek to get out to Waysider. Its so close to campus and is right next to the stadium. I’m sure a million people go there to eat during football season! Like Waysider, it’s stock full of Alabama memorabilia and still manages to have a homey atmosphere. When we were there my friend pointed out to me one of the Alabama basketball recruiters with what we assumed was a high school basketball player and some other people with them. It’s a really good place to go when you’re up early enough on a weekend or before classes if you want something different to eat than what the Ferg or Lakeside or Burke have. These kinds of restaurants are the ones that make a college town seem less like one.

No comments: