Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Art Museum

The art museum in the Ferg is something that I've noticed but never really looked into. The abuse exhibit was really intense. All of the pieces were really meaningful and had their own story. The artists were mostly those who had been abused before and were recovering. The most memorable ones to me were the series of butterfly ones in the back. It really makes sense because of the morphology that has to take place when overcoming something as traumatic as being abused. Its really sad and overwhelming to think about the things those who have been abused go through and makes me really grateful that I nor no one I am close to has gone through that kind of pain.
But aside from the fact of the pieces in the gallery, its cool that we actually have a place where students and other people can display their art. Its in a prime location for it because there is a lot of traffic throughout that area and it is readily available to students and anyone who goes into the Ferg. It allows people to try to connect with others through their art and it isn't as I guess as hard to get into like some other galleries. If I could paint or anything of the sort I would love to be able to hang my artwork up where I know people would be able to see it.

No comments: