Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Parking... boo!!

I have been getting really really frustrated with parking lately. I really just cannot wait until next year when I'm not going to bring my car on campus. There are 6 dorms in my area that are served with one parking lot, a parking deck, and like one fifth of a parking lot behind Somerville and Mallet. It is so rare for me to get a parking spot thats not in the parking deck, and it is a pain to try to get from the parking deck with a bunch of stuff. And at night I don't walk from the deck to the dorm alone. I make one of my friends come let me pick them up and have them go with me to park and walk back. Its stupid. They really need to do something more about better situating the parking or putting up more light around and in the parking lots and deck. There is also a lot of room in front of the dorms to put at least temporary parking until they can figure out something better to do. There are always cars illegally parked outside both buildings of Ridgecrest. Its just so much easier and safer at times but of course you get a $50 ticket for it. It really needs to be handled a lot better than it is. All I can say is that Ridgecrest south is lucky that the university has finally thought of a good plan... a parking deck under the building.

No comments: