Thursday, April 10, 2008

Bryant Museum

As everyone knows, being a student of the University of Alabama, you need to know about football. The fall is really not known as fall but as football season. Being on campus during a game lets you really see how dedicated Alabama's fans really are. I have been an Alabama fan for my entire life and have been coming to games for as long as I can remember, but until I went to the Bryant Museum I had only heard of but not really seen all the reasons Alabama football is as traditional as it is. A MAJOR part of Crimson Tide tradition is Paul "Bear" Bryant. you cannot be a student or even be near the University and not know who Bryant is. He is the epitome of southern football and the figure that keeps Alabama football through some of its worst times. One of the main things I noticed at the museum was the the change in style not only of the players and the pictures but also the feeling of the museum as you moved past Bear Bryant's era. The museum really does a lot to show all of the memorable and exciting moments in Bama football history. Although Robin thought it was the weirdest thing in the museum, I thought the glass sculpture of Bears hat was really cool. I also loved the red phone sitting on Bryant's desk; its very fitting. Football is one of the things that this University thrives on and something that can bond strangers instantaneously. Man, I can't wait until the fall!!!!

No comments: